Keeping students safe is our number one priority.
Here are some safety tips and reminders for families and students
- Stay Aware: Keep your eyes on your surroundings and not on a screen or device.
- Use the Buddy System: Students should walk in groups of two or more.
- Report Suspicious Activities: Immediately tell responsible adults about any suspicious activities or people encountered to or from school.
- Never Accept Offerings: Never accept anything from a stranger.
- Be Cautious at Crossings: Be aware of your surroundings and cross streets at corners or marked crosswalks.
- Communicate with Family: Inform a family member when departing from school or any other location, ensuring they know your expected arrival time in case of delays or unforeseen circumstances.
- Know Personal Details: Make sure younger kids know their name, address, phone number, including area code, and who to call in case of an emergency.
- Review 911 Usage: Ensure children know how and when to use 911.
- Stay in Well-lit Areas: Avoid alleys or poorly lit streets.
- Avoid Using Headphones: Stay alert by not using headphones while traveling.
Know Safe Places: Be aware of safe places to go to if feeling threatened, like local stores or police stations.