Every day, students walk to and from school, their bus stops, or just around the neighborhood. Reminding your kids about these safe walking tips helps keep them safe.
- Pay attention to your surroundings.
- Avoid distractions like using your phone or wearing headphones.
- Cross streets at crosswalks or intersections, where drivers expect pedestrians.
- Look both ways before crossing, even if you have the right of way.
- Make eye contact with drivers. Don’t assume vehicles will stop; ensure drivers have seen you before you cross.
- If walking in low-light or poor weather conditions, wear bright or reflective clothing to increase visibility.
- Use sidewalks. If there’s no sidewalk, walk facing traffic as far to the left as possible.
- Obey crosswalk signals.
Safety is our number one priority. We know it's yours too. Thank you for helping keep our students safe!