Winter weather is in the forecast for later this week. This may force a change in the normal school schedule-—even for students who attend virtual programs. We want you to be prepared and know where to get information.
Type of Schedule Changes
In the event that conditions make roads unsafe for our buses to drive, we will cancel school including virtual learning in an effort to keep all Highline students on the same make-up schedule.
It is possible that we have conditions that allow our buses to drive safely to pick up students but we may have a two-hour late start with either regular bus stops or alternate bus stops.
In the event that conditions call for a 2-hour delay on an early release day, school will be canceled for the day.
How to Prepare
Here are three things you can do to be prepare for winter weather:
- Review a summary of our schedule changes on our website and understand the impacts they have on your student and family.
- Ensure your contact information is up-to-date at your child’s school. Contact your school office to make updates.
- Download the ParentSquare mobile app, activate your account and set your notifications preferences so you will receive notifications as soon as they are sent.
How We Communicate
In the event of snow or similar events, we may change the school schedule for student and staff safety. Here is how we will communicate school schedule changes:
- Automated phone calls, emails, text messages and mobile app notifications through ParentSquare.
- Website Announcements: Be sure to bookmark the district's website, highlineschools.org.
- Social Media Posts: Follow us on Instagram and Facebook at @highlineschools.
- Local TV/Radio Announcements.