Space is limited. A lottery process is used when applications exceed capacity. If there are more applications than space at any particular grade level, Highline will hold a lottery including all students with completed applications. Students not accepted in the lottery will be placed on a waitlist in the order they are chosen from the pool of remaining students.
If there are more seats available than there are applicants, applications will continue to be accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year.
- See the timeline below.
- Families will be notified immediately via SchoolMint.
Some students may be selected for multiple schools. If you are selected in the lottery you will be invited to a commitment conversation. Your assignment will not be finalized until that conference occurs and you confirm your intent to attend the school. Your seat will be offered to another student on the waitlist if you fail to confirm your intent and schedule your conference by the deadline.
All qualified applicants will fall into one of three separate priority groups and a waitlist.
2023-24 Application Timeline
- October 4: Application opened
- January 31: Application closed
- February 1: Schools begin reviewing applications
- March 1: Lottery
- March 3: Lottery results posted online
- March 10: Waitlists and applications reopen for Big Picture, CHOICE, HVA, Virtual Elementary, Maritime and WELS.
- April 1: Final student date to confirm acceptance
- Applications/waitlists remain open for Big Picture, CHOICE, HVA, Virtual Elementary, Maritime.